ACCOR PLASMA EYE LIFT
The plasma pen non-surgical eye lift is a procedure to tighten the eyelids replacing the need for surgery.
WHAT IS PLASMA?
Plasma (not to be mistaken with blood plasma) is the 4th state of matter. It is a gas that cannot transfer into electricity. It has (+) positive and (–) negative ions and has the ability to carry electricity but is not electricity. Lightning bolts, the sun and fire are all examples of plasma.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Without touching the skin, the pen creates an ionised plasma arc which projects onto the skin surface. The plasma arc instantly vaporises a point of skin at the required position, thereby tightening the immediate surrounding area. The principle is to ionize gases in the air to create a small electrical arc, similar to a lightning bolt, to treat problem areas without unwanted damage to the surrounding areas. The instant contraction and tightening of skin fibres, results in micro-scabs on the skin surface which will eventually fall off and leave tighter, fresh and rejuvenated skin.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS?
- Tighter skin, lifted eyes, removal of bags, hooded eyelid skin and a more radiant and youthful look.
- This procedure replaces the surgical need for a blepharoplasty. Your practitioner will be able to inform you whether you are a candidate for this procedure.
ACCOR PLASMA PEN UNIQUE FEATURES
- The ACCOR Plasma pen is the first to utilize a low frequency delivery of the plasma arc. This enables the treatment imprint to be wider, and shallower than traditional thermal only devices. The benefits of which are a greater tightening effect allowing for better results, a quicker healing process and less down time to the client.
- Other devices may penetrate deeper into the skin creating longer healing time and larger potential for scarring of the client.
- If other pens need to be “plugged in” then that means they are not low frequency and can be too harsh and more ablative. This also means that they are a form of electricity and not Plasma.
- The ACCOR pen has been around for over 5 years and is German engineered and UK manufactured.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
Even though the treatment is non-invasive and substantially gentler than an operation, it is still a procedure. This means that there are several important factors to consider.
Common side effects:
- Redness, swelling, tired eyes, feeling of pressure on the eyes, mild tenderness at the site
- Rare side effects
- Scarring, pigmentation changes to the skin, post inflammatory pigmentation (PIH), wound healing problems, infection.
HOW MUCH DOWNTIME WILL I HAVE?
This depends on when the scabs fall off, however approximately 5 days of downtime is expected. The downtime may be longer with larger treatment areas or if post care treatment protocols are not followed.
Treatments with the ACCOR Cosmetic Corrector will result in certain reactions such as redness and swelling. Should these symptoms persist for longer than 6 days, or should any other symptoms present, please contact your ACCOR practitioner who treated you or your local doctor.
WHAT IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
Day 1 – Immediately after the treatment, the area may appear red and slightly swollen. Dots will be formed on the skin which are tiny portions of ablated tissue, which have formed into a scab. These scabs usually fall off between day 4-7. It is important not to get the scabs wet or to pick the scabs before they are ready to come off as this may cause scarring. A specialised cream will be given to you to apply to the area to help with comfort and to speed up the healing process. The cream will also help avoid infections.
Day 2/3 – Swelling peaks on these days and the scabs must be continued to be covered with the cream
Day 4/5 – The swelling is reduced, and the scabs will naturally fall off. It is normal to see light pink dots where the scabs were, as this is the new tissue healing.
Day 6/7 – The skin is still healing however the tightening effects will continue and peak at 3 months post treatment
IS IT PAINFUL?
The treatment area is covered in topical anaesthetic cream for 30 mins prior to treatment. This makes the procedure more comfortable, however there are certain areas which are more tender than others. Panadol may be taken 1 hour prior to treatment and for overly anxious clients, gas may be used to assist in pain management and calm the nerves.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
At this stage we offer treatment for the upper eyelids for tightening and rejuvenation.
Other areas which may be treated are:
Wrinkles and folds such as crows feet, frown lines, upper lip, smokers lines, smile lines/marionette lines, chin, sides of face, jowls, turkey neck, tear trough/lower eye wrinkles, forehead lines, brow lift, nasolabial folds, ear lobe rejuvenation, cheeks, accordion lines and folds, bunny lines, stomach, scars, stretch marks and basically ANYWHERE on the body that needs tightening. (Excluding genitals)
AFTER TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
- In the first week while healing, avoid vigorous exercise as this will increase swelling. Sweating should be avoided as the scabs need to be kept dry.
- The treatment causes inflammation. Inflammation is necessary to induce tightening. Clients should NOT suppress the inflammation with cooling (ice) or medication such as steroids or antihistamines.
- Avoid exposing the treatment area to the sun as this could result in pigmentation.
- Bring a big hat and sunglasses to the clinic on the day of treatment to avoid sun exposure when returning home
- After the first week and when the area is fully healed. Apply skin care such as a tyrosinase inhibitor and sunscreen over the site. Your practitioner will assist you in choosing these products. This will help prevent side effects such as post inflammatory pigmentation and hypo-pigmentation.
- Avoid skin treatments such as chemical peels, skin needling or laser treatments for 6 to 8 weeks after the treatment.
- Fitzpatrick Skin types 5 & 6
- Current Cancer treatments
- Unstable auto-immune disease
- Roaccutane treatment
- Unstable Epilepsy
- Cortisone tablets or creams
- History of Keloid
- Acute heart/blood pressure problems
- Fever/current illness
- Current or recent antibiotics (wait 7 days)
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
Please send us an email or give us a call on
02 8041 5725 between 9AM – 6PM, Mon – Sat.
Bookings by appointment only.